16 February 2010

The Thing About Friends.

I have a lot of good friends. On multiple continents. In various time zones. Friends that I chat with online every day. Childhood friends whose blogs I recently discovered. Friends whose genes distinctly resemble my own. Friends who laugh at my strange accents and linguistic passions. Friends who teach me their native languages. Friends who remember when I used to mismatch my clothes intentionally. Friends who stay up late in uncomfortable social situations with me. Friends who send me texts that only we could understand. Friends who've seen me cry. Friends who can make me laugh by raising a single eyebrow.

Friends, friends, friends.

At a time like this - when so much of my life is once again in transition - I am ever so aware - and deeply appreciative - for all of my friends. So, to those of you I've talked to recently, as well as those I haven't, just know that I love you and am extremely grateful for your presence in my life.

And for moments like this one, when I'm working on an essay (well, "letter of intent" in this case), reading through edits, and have to contain my laughter in the middle of the library:

"They’d be morons not to accept an extremely qualified person like you!"

2 comments:

Proudfoot said...

True fact!

Cynthia said...

My sentiments exactly!