21 February 2010

colour.


I went up to my parents' attic earlier this afternoon with two goals in mind: 1) find an old manuscript draft that a theology professor gave me a couple years ago and that I wanted to try reading again, and 2) find my slippers. The former task was simple: I found the manuscript in the third box I opened. The latter, less simple: I'm still wearing the slippers my kid brother loaned me last week.

Unsurprisingly, I came across a few other things, mostly books, that I decided to bring down with me. One of these, a journal from the Theatre for Social Change class I took my senior year, I decided to repurpose for a new project: an art journal. The first half is already fairly artsy: apparently my last semester of college was a creative one!

And now, in an attempt to re-inspire my creative side, the second half will be dedicated to magazine clippings, markers, glue, and my globe-trotting colored pencils. My journal hasn't been getting much ink lately, so maybe this will also be an outlet for those things which aren't getting written - or a spark which compels me to pick up my pen.

For those who are interested, here was the beginning attempt...





3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's funny to hear you talk of your last semester of college like this. It makes it sound so very far away. Has it really been that long? Oh how much has changed for both of us since those days!!

Kristina said...

it does feel like it's been a very long time, doesn't it? hard to believe it was only 2 years ago...

Melissa said...

Your purple/blue fuzzy slippers?
I feel as though they may have been discarded... with the thought that you'd get a new pair when you came home in 3 years... ask Mom.