06 February 2010

seeing the world.

04.02.10.

Just now, I was browsing through all my photos from the last year and a half, looking for any which MCC might want to use for the office bulletin board or the updated brochure that my friend is working on. I tagged 25 and ended up printing five... out of thousands. There are over 30 gigabytes of video and images stored on my hard drive, most of which are from the last year in Uganda (and also, most of which are backed up on discs; maybe I should back up the rest as well?).

Shortly after I finished this project, I was reading the blog of a friend I've known (though recently, not so well) since first grade. A talented photographer, she nevertheless expresses doubt over the worth of her images... and openly admits her struggle to think highly of her photography without the validation and praise of others.

Aside from the fact that I love the way she sees - and captures - the world, her post resonated with the way I think about my writing. I write mostly for myself, but, like anyone, I always feel a bit better about my writing - and my self - when others praise it. Which is why it bothers me a bit when there are no comments on my blog. But that's a tangent for another day.

Flicking (virtually, of course) through my photos, I rediscovered some images that I really love. Moments and memories and fleeting thoughts captured on (digital) film. Reading my friend's blog has inspired me to share a few of them with you (assuming the internet connection holds up) - not to seek your praise, but instead, to invite you, for a few moments, to see the world through my eyes (or lens).

...........

dusk at lake bunyonyi.

hibiscus flower.

st. monica's day care centre.

mango season in atiak.

rachel marie.

the sibs.

so many things you can do with those tiles.

aren't we cool?

colours.

water.equals.life.

chemistry, much?

blitz.

skip-bo master.

chicago. see how straight those lines are?

happy 15th.

so many memories.

cute cami.

processing, with ink.

shadiah ne pinto.

windmill, kotido.

friends.

i have this thing about photo-ing my foot.

party time with patu.

boys.

this is friendship.

beautiful sky.

fruit drying.

foot, yes?

the beauty of desire.

family, southern hemisphere.

college chocolate.

No comments: