19 December 2009

Context, context, context.

Today, I found this email from EMU waiting for me in my inbox:

Everyone who is travelling the next two days should take into account the current Winter Storm Warning that is in effect from 6 PM this evening (Friday) through 6 AM on Sunday morning. On-campus students should aim to leave the residence halls as soon after their last exam as possible to stay ahead of the storm. Please speak to your RD if you have concerns about the direction the storm is tracking. Current radar (10 AM) shows a "wintry-mix" is in North Carolina and moving northward.
Please take safety precautions as you travel, and have a great Christmas break!

Truly, I appreciate the concern. However, it's a bit bizarre to consider from my current context: I'm wearing flip flops and drinking a tropical milkshake in a somehow open air mall in central Uganda. It does get a bit chilly sometimes when it rains...

No comments: