05 November 2009

Train Conversation.

19:07 Direct quote from the conversation I just had with the older man behind me: "I was in Chad once. We were going to start an airline there. Air Chad. But there were only three markets we were going to create it for: narcotics, guns and ammo, and conflict diamonds. But the penalties for all that is really stiff."


19:14 Another direct quote from the guy behind me, this one in conversation with a friend on his cell phone: "Well, Tim, I'm on the train to Toledo, and I have no one to talk to. Except this cute girl in the seat in front of me..." ... Now he's asking Tim how he plans to prepare the turkey for Thanksgiving and if he has any plates without egg stains to eat the food off of. ... "You can always count on Tim for the latest in plastic ware [he's still talking to Tim at this point!]."

2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

love it!

I guess penalty based morality is still going strong....and also - egg stains? really?

looking forward to seeing you in a just over a month!

Kristina said...

Really. Such strange conversations can be had on American public transportation.