09 December 2008

Hearing Christmas Carols on the Radio...

I keep having to remind myself that it is really December. The weather and the recent "summer holiday spirit" of my kids has made it difficult to contextualise the approaching holiday season. However, the Christmas carols currently playing on the radio do help a bit.
.
I must say, though, as comforting as it is to hear Bing Crosby wishing for a White Christmas, I don't bear such hopes myself...
.
Personally, I'm looking forward to fresh bananas, pineapple, mangoes, and grasshoppers for Christmas :)

3 comments:

Flavius said...

This made me smile...That is all for now.
-MTC

Cynthia said...

I don't think Bethlehem was a White Christmas either...so perhaps your experience is closer to the biblical reality than Bing's take on the holiday!

Anonymous said...

Gasp! You have a radio!? And Christmas carols!? Living in a hot country without Christmas is certainly a new experience for me.