16 December 2008

Another Poem from a Few Weeks Ago...

[note: at first, I wasn't sure that I wanted to post this one, but I've since decided to.]

The Echo
.
Say that you love me.
And I will love you too.
Let life take us where it will.
-
The softness of the wind
breathes softly through my hair.
But you dislike the breeze.
You cannot see where it ends
and so you fear its magic.
-
Take my hand
in your own strong grasp.
And we will walk together.
-
The path stretches before me,
and I journey beyond the signposts
that I couldn't even read.
You demand a map
and always seek the destination.
-
I would offer you my heart.
(You already live inside it.)
Would you guard it well for me?
-
And I dance,
twirling soft and free,
not thinking, only living.
It is reckless, you say, dangerous.
You dare not loose control.
-
For love of you, my heart aches.
If I whisper,
will I hear your echo?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :)
wondering if you had someone in mind when you posted this.... ??

Anonymous said...

You posted it. I miss you and our late night pillow talks. I love hearing your voice through the words.