08 October 2008

One last picture :)


taken just this morning by my sister Ritah, this is a picture of me heading into Masaka Town via my favourite mode of transportation: boda boda. my friend Benard (who made me promise that I will still phone sometimes once I return to America) is driving. I know you can't see it so well, but we are sitting on a motocycle in front of the Town Centre building. (And just in case you were wondering, it isn't usually necessary to hold on very tight, but I am careful to keep my skirt tucked tightly... for both modesty and safety's sake :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest,

Thank you for sharing your pictures. It makes the many thousands of miles between us seem less imposing. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. I think of you often, and I pray that you will continue to learn and grow during this exciting time.

I love you!
Melly

Jenell Williams Paris said...

Thanks for sharing pictures! I don't know how to rotate them in blogger either - I do them on my camera or in picasa first.

Glad to see you smiling. You've walked into another world... full of wonderful things and people, and culture shock, too. Peace be with you.