14 January 2011

On Writing Well.

Sometimes I write well... and sometimes, I write paragraphs for my students to edit. I should admit, however, that it took some effort to insert 25 errors into this single paragraph. We'll see how well my low-intermediate writing students do at finding - and fixing - them on Tuesday morning...

Good writing Tips

some students asked me for advice about how to become better writers We will covered many aspects of Good writing in this course, but here are a few tips to following. First, if you want to be a best writer, the most important thing you can do is to write as often as possible. Try to writing a paragraph (or more) evey day, even if she is not assigned in class. 1 great way for do this is by keeping your own personal journal. A second tips to becoming a better writer is to pay attention to simple detail. Make sure you use Punctuation capitalization, and verb tenses correctly. Use a dictionary to check the speling of new or confusing words. Third, frequent ask other people to read you're writing and offer suggestions. in this class, we will use a peer editing process to help each other become terrible writers Dont be afraid to ask the teacher or other students for help if you aren't sure about something. Together, we will worked hard this term to become better writers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If I counted correctly, I think I only found 22 errors. Either I can't count or I don't know grammar. Either way, that can't bode well for my success as a student.....

Unknown said...

No, just kidding, I just found two more. That makes me a little less of a failure.

Kristina said...

Did you catch the one in the heading?

Unknown said...

Nope, I don't think that I did.

Also, I just came across this site that may or may not be helpful if you want something similar:

http://www.reformation21.org/blog/2010/01/rules-for-writing-well.php