18 July 2009

"Home".

To my dear friends and family on both sides of the Atlantic,
This is just a short note to let you know that I've safely arrived back in the US. I left Uganda at about 6am (East African Standard Time) yesterday morning and arrived in Akron, PA, at about 10am (Eastern Standard Time) this morning. It was a long, and at times quite stressful, trip, but I arrived safely and without any hassle from US Customs. It's been nice to wash my clothes in a washing machine, catch up with other SALTers as they slowly arrive (I was in the first group), walk barefoot on green grass, eat chicken noodle soup, and just rest.
I'm not sure that it's fully hit me yet that I'm really back in the US--or that I've really said goodbye to all of mydear ones in Uganda, but that will come.
I'll be in Akron for the MCC re-entry retreat until this coming Friday, then "home" to my parents' house in VA. Looking forward to seeing many of you in the coming hours, days, and months... and to seeing others of you when I return to Uganda in a few months.
Hoping to get some time to write some updates (like, about "what's next") during the next couple days, so you can look forward to that.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers during this travelling process.
Blessings until we meet... Kristina

No comments: