28 January 2010

Change in Plans.

This is a hard blog to write about a hard decision to make. Titling it was difficult too: I don't mean to seem trite. So perhaps the best thing is simply to say it.


Within the next few weeks, I will be returning to the US. For reasons I won't try to explain here, I have decided not to fulfill my contract with MCC. This decision in no way reflects any negative experience with MCC, St. Monica's, or anyone I've met here. I have many wonderful friends here, but my heart is calling me elsewhere and to focus on other relationships at this point. It will be difficult to once again bid farewell to Uganda, but I believe this is the right choice for me right now.


I still highly value the work that St. Monica's does, as well as the role that MCC plays in partnering with organisations in this country. I have been told that MCC will look for another volunteer to take on this assignment, and I strongly hope that person is able to give their whole heart to this work.


And where am I headed? For now, north and west, towards a much colder climate, an uncertain future, and hopefully, a peaceful heart.



1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'll be praying for you as you transition into this change. Peace to you.